Friday, November 4, 2011

The Haunted by Jessica Verday


My world slowed and I closed my eyes.

“I am going to give you my heart now,” I whispered. “Please don’t break it again."

 

 

 

 

Blurb:

An impossible truth. An impossible love.

 After a summer spent reclaiming her sanity and trying to forget the boy she fell in love with--the boy who must not exist, cannot exist, because she knows that he is dead--Abbey returns to Sleepy Hollow, ready to leave the ghosts of her past behind. She throws herself into her schoolwork, her perfume-making, and her friendship with Ben, her cute and funny lab partner, who just might be her ticket to getting over Caspian once and for all.

But Abbey can never get over Caspian, and Caspian has no choice but to return to her side, for Caspian is a Shade, and Abbey is his destiny. They are tied not only to each other, but also to the town of Sleepy Hollow, and to the famous legend that binds their fates--a legend whose dark truths they are only beginning to guess....

My Review:


I loved, Loved, LOVED this book! I had a feeling that the second book in the series was bound to be better and I am glad that I decided to continue.

The book starts off with Abbey staying with Aunt Marge while seeing a doctor to work through her hallucinations and depression. I like the fact that the book basically started off where the last one ended and not much time had passed.

The romance in this book was amazing. There were a few times that it actually got hot & heavy. Well, as hot and heavy as two people can get without being able to touch each other. That is the most frustrating part about this story, but it is also the part that makes it more intense.

We learn a lot about Caspian and also Nikolas & Katy in this book. There are a few more characters that come into play and I am still trying to figure them out.

The book leaves you hanging on for dear life with its cliffhanger and I am so glad that I was able to snag the next in the series from a galley grab! The Hidden comes out in September, 2011.
"Caspian sat there with me until my sobs died down to a slow hiccup.
Then he whispered, "I'd hold your hand right now if I could."
His eyes were so wide and earnest that I couldn't help but smile at him.
"Thanks," I said, trying to hold back more tears. "It's the thought that counts."

No comments:

Post a Comment