Thursday, October 27, 2011

There You'll Find Me by Jenny B. Jones

"You can talk to your old dad about anything, you know. Except boys. And bras. And that Bieber fellow."

When Finley travels to Ireland as a foreign exchange student, she hopes to create a new identity and get some answers from the God who took her brother away and seems to have left her high and dry.

But from the moment she boards the plane and sits by Beckett Rush, teen star of the hottest vampire flicks, nothing goes according to Finley's plan.

When she gets too close to Beckett, a classmate goes on a mission to make sure Finley packs her bags, departs Ireland-and leaves Beckett alone.

Finley feels the pressure all around. As things start to fall apart, she begins to rely on a not-so-healthy method of taking control of her life.

Finley tries to balance it all-disasters on the set of Beckett's new movie, the demands of school, and her growing romance with one actor who is not what he seems. Yet Finley is also not who she portrays to Beckett and her friends.

For the first time in her life, Finley must get honest with herself to get right with God.

My Review:


I am not a very religious person, but I found myself absolutely in awe by this book!

There is a lot going on in Finley's life. She has lost her brother, she has an audition to a school in NYC and she is dealing with her anxiety over it all. She applies for the foreign exchange program and feels that all will become right with the world if she follows in her brother's footsteps the exact way that he had when he had been an exchange student. Through all of this, she really questions her faith and feels that God is no longer speaking to her and questions how God could let things so horrible happen.

Through her travels in Ireland she meets some very interesting characters. Some that try to throw her off course and some that try to help her through her search for herself. She finds strength from the places that she least expects it.

The romance was not so bad either. I adored Beckett and enjoyed the fact that while Fin was trying to find herself, she had the courage to help Beckett find himself along the way.

When I tell you that I could not put this book down, I really mean that. I read the whole thing from beginning to end in one sitting. I was mesmerized! I cried myself through the last few chapters of the book feeling all of the pain and anguish alongside Finley. If you are ever looking for a book about spiritual guidance, I strongly recommend this one!
“- We don't even like each other. "
"- I pretty much can't stand you. "
And then his lips crushed to mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment