Tuesday, June 18, 2013

A Heartbeat Away By S. Dionne Moore

A Heartbeat Away By S. Dionne Moore
Quilts Of Love Series




When a band of runaway slaves brings Union-loyal Beth Bumgartner a wounded Confederate soldier named Joe, it is the catalyst that pushes her to defy her pacifist parents and become a nurse during the Battle of
Antietam. Her mother's mysterious goodbye gift is filled with quilt blocks that bring comfort to Beth during the hard days and lonely nights, but as she sews each block, she realizes there is a hidden message of faith within the pattern that encourages and sustains her. Reunited with Joe, Beth learns his secret and puts the quilt's message to its greatest test—but can betrayal be forgiven?


I had yet to read any of S. Dionne Moore's books, nor had I read any of the Quilts Of Love Series. I had been eyeing the Quilts Of Love Series, for a while. So as soon as one became available for me to review I jumped on it.

Boy- and let me tell you I am glad I did. This was a very very fast read. Which you know for me is ALWAYS a good thing.  When I sat down to read this book I read it in a morning, while waiting for my husband to get up and out of bed. The author S. Dionne Moore's writing has a way of touching your soul. Yes, she has some historical information. Which I love, but the story tells so much more of the events during the Civil War. It really tells us how people lived. This a  tearjerker  and well written, heart capturing story. I look forward on reading more form this author. Disclosures- I was given this book to review from Litfuse. All opinions are my own.

~Check Out More On My Blog~
~On Others Blog~

No comments:

Post a Comment