Thursday, October 18, 2012

Memory Jar By Tricia Goyer

Memory Jar By Tricia Goyer
Seven Brides For Seven Batchalors Book 1 



Every year, 30--40 young Amish men descend on the cozy little town of West Kootenai, Montana, arriving in the spring to live there for six months and receive 'resident' status for the hunting season in the fall. They arrive as bachelors, but go home with brides! Sarah Shelter has lived in West Kootenai for the last ten years and wonders if she will ever fall in love. Since the tragic death of her best friend, she carries her memories in a jar along with the small items connected to them. For just as long, she's also been carrying around her emotions instead of allowing them to penetrate deep into her heart. Now she's met a kind and gentle man who may be able to break down the wall. But can Sarah risk her heart to finally achieve her dreams?

As Sarah grows up with a friend life Patty, who left a great impression on her life. You think what a lucky person. To have had a friend  like Patty. Which makes me start to wonder- what the world would be like if we all had a friend like that? I know from my personal experience that I have had amazing friends in the past, but not one like Patty. Don't get me wrong, I have friends who were friends growing up, we went out own ways, and have found each other again. Shoot they have even become my child(rens) God Parents.

Would you travel 1000's of miles from home to be with a MAN? Would you leave everything you knew behind?

These are all questions I found myself asking.

Tricia Goyer, knows how to write a story to grab your heart and keep it in the story. I mean you can feel the pain of Sarah, and Jathan. You could feel their happiness. I even found my self thinking just kiss her already! If you are a Tricia Goyer fan, then this is an other must read. If you are just learning about Tricia, then you may want to read this book, and create your own "Memory Jar."

Now I truly wonder who is going to take a Mason Jar, and turn it into a "Memory Jar." What kinds of things will fill your jar? How many do you think you could fill?

Thank you to Litfuse for allowing me to join this book tour. All opinion are my own.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment