Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Home Made Fabric Softener

Lets start off that I found this post from Fabulously Frugal from following Homestead Survival Facebook Fan page. It gave a great Fabric Softener Recipe. So I figured why not I might as well try it. So I did. Here is the recipe I used. 

  • 1/4 cup conditioner

  • 3/4 cup white vinegar

  • 2 1/2 cups hot water


This was the easiest thing I have made. I also would like to add that I did not have the issues that Fabulously Frugal did with the conditioner clumping up. Mine mixed right up!  I did use more water, and I still think mine needs a little more. I guess I am use to watering my fabric softener down. I don't like it really thick, and I have also noticed that the store-bought kind stains my HE fabric softener spot. So that is just an other reason I water it down.

I hope you take the time to try this recipe. If so tell me about it. If you have an other one let us know.

Sorry no photos, since the original idea for my post has some and it is linked above. 

No comments:

Post a Comment