Friday, May 18, 2012

Don't Panic Quick, Easy, and Delicious Meals for Your Family


ONce again I was lucky enough to received a cookbook called Don't Panic Quick, Easy and Delicious Meals for Your Family, from Revell. I had a very hard time picking what recipe would be the recipe to post as my "review" recipe. 

So I waited for my blogger friends to post the reviews of the ones they had chosen. 


It helped me narrow it down. Plus this way I can link you up to those recipes also.



Crazy Good  Chocolate Cake

pg. 225


1 1/2  Cups Flour

1 Cup Sugar (I used 3/4)

1/3 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder

1 Teaspoon Baking Soda

1/2 Teaspoon Salt

1 Cup Water

1/3 Cup Vegetable Oil

1 Tablespoon Vanilla


Pre Heat Oven 350*F. Mix all above ingredients. They have special mixing instructions.  I on the other hand  just dumped it all in my mixer and mixed. Pour mixture into a 8x8 pan. Bake for 30 min.


I made this recipe and like most of my baked goods a share with our neighbors. Well our neighbor brought back the container we gave them 1/4 of the cake, and he said it was a very delicious cake!  That he and his sister really enjoyed it. So there you go. The cake is very delicious, so said my neighbors. I

I found this cake so easy to make. It only needed a few things, most everything you have on hand. I am going to try to measure out all my dry ingredients, and see how much it would to make the cake. My thinking behind it, is that you could make double or triple of this cake mix and store it like I do this Basic Cake Mix.

Don't forget to check out Grilled Carne Asada, and Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo are  just other recipes that are in this great cookbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment