Saturday, February 11, 2012

Lying To Your Kids

So I have had this post in the back of my mind for some time now, maybe a few years. Yeah yeah yeah- I know I'm just getting to it now.  After watching Private Practice I realized a lot of people must be hiding thing from their kids. I am not sure why too. So I was working with a gal, who had a little girl. The little girl was about 



8 or 9 at the time. She came into work and started to tell us-- "My daughter just saw me in the bathroom." I said told her, "so what." She continued to tell us that the problem was that her menstrual cycle had just begun, and she was putting a pad on. Her daughter asked her "why she had that thing in her underwear." Her answer was "don't worry about it." So why wasn't she just honest and tell her what was going to happen to her? She was at the age that her cycle could start at any time. She was old enough to know what's going to happen. To this day I do not understand why she just didn't tell her the truth. 

What would you tell your daughter? How would you react? What things do you hide from your kids about their bodies?

No comments:

Post a Comment