Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Keeper By Suzanne Woods Fisher Review


 
About the book:


Julia Lapp has planned on marrying Paul Fisher since she was a girl. Now twenty-one, she looks forward to their wedding with giddy anticipation. When Paul tells her he wants to postpone the wedding--again--she knows who is to blame. Perpetual bachelor and spreader of cold feet, Roman Troyer, the Bee Man.


Roamin' Roman travels through the Amish communities of Ohio and Pennsylvania with his hives full of bees, renting them out to farmers in need of pollinators. He relishes his nomadic life, which keeps him from thinking about all he has lost. He especially enjoys bringing his bees to Stoney Ridge each year. But with Julia on a mission to punish him for inspiring Paul's cold feet, the Lapp farm is looking decidedly less pleasant.


Can Julia secure the future she's always dreamed of? Or does God have something else in mind?


 

About Suzanne:

Her interest in the Amish began with her grandfather, W.D. Benedict, who was raised Plain. She has many, many Plain relatives living in Franklin County, Pennsylvania, and travels back to Pennsylvania, as well as to Ohio, a couple of times each year for research.


Suzanne has a great admiration for the Plain people and believes they provide wonderful examples to the world.  In both her fiction and non-fiction books, she has an underlying theme: You don't have to "go Amish" to incorporate many of their principles--simplicity, living with less, appreciating nature, forgiving others more readily-- into your life.


When Suzanne isn't writing or bragging to her friends about her first new grand baby (!), she is raising puppies for Guide Dogs for the Blind. To Suzanne's way of thinking, you just can't take life too seriously when a puppy is tearing through your house with someone's underwear in its mouth.

 

Suzanne can be found on-line at: www.suzannewoodsfisher.com.

 


My Thoughts:

First off, let me start with I love Suzannes writing! I love it so much that I took the time to go to one of her talks a bout the Amish. I am so glad that I drug all 3 of my boys out to the local Christian Book Store. She is such an amazing person and author. I received this book right before or right after my grandfather passed away. Not to sure. Well I had the book almost a month before I sat down to read it. But when I did I starte with a few pages, one night after being sick. Then the next night when I sat down to read a few more I ended up reading over half the book, just to get to the answer of what I wanted to know. Boy let me tell you that I changed my mind as to who people were a few times in the book. This book was a little hard for me to read the last few pages, due to the father needing a new heart. My grandfather too needed a new heart. This book did make me cry a few times. But well worth it. I am so glad that Suzanne keeps writing! I can't wait for book 2 to come out!


No comments:

Post a Comment