Monday, October 24, 2011

Necessary Deception

Necessary Deception (The Daughters of Bainbridge House) 
By Laurie Alice Eakes




When I was offered a chance to read Necessary Deception I jumped at the chance, since I had read Lady In The Mist by Laurie Alice Eakes. I really enjoined reading it, so I figured this book would be just like that. Take me about until chapter 2 to get into the book, but for some reason I could not get into this story line. To be honest I don't even remember what it was truly about. I couldn't follow this book at all. I have no idea why, but as soon as I put it down I finished 3 books back to back. So this one sits on my self waiting to be re read or to be passed a long to an other book reader.  I always feel bad when I give a book a bad review. This is just my opinion, and my opinion is not the same as others. So please go and read other reviews before making up your own mind.

Blurb:
When young widow Lady Lydia Gale helps a French prisoner obtain parole, she never dreamed he would turn up in her parlor. But just as the London Season is getting under way, there he is, along with a few other questionable personages. While she should be focused on helping her headstrong younger sister prepare for her entré into London society, Lady Gale finds herself preoccupied with the mysterious Frenchman. Is he a spy or a suitor? Can she trust him? Or is she putting her family in danger?

Readers will enjoy being drawn into this world of elegance and intrigue, balls and masquerades. Author Laurie Alice Eakes whisks readers through the drawing rooms of London amid the sound of rustling gowns on this exciting quest to let the past stay in the past and let love guide the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment