Thursday, October 13, 2011

I Heart You, You Haunt Me by Lisa Schroeder


"Was it hard?” I ask.
“Letting go?”
“Not as hard as holding on to something that
wasn’t real.”
I gulp. “Can I ask how you did it?”
“I just decided, Ava.
That’s all.
I just decided."

 

 

 

 

Blurb:

Girl meets boy.

Girl loses boy.

Girl gets boy back...

...sort of.

Ava can't see him or touch him, unless she's dreaming. She can't hear his voice, except for the faint whispers in her mind. Most would think she's crazy, but she knows he's here.

Jackson. The boy Ava thought she'd spend the rest of her life with. He's back from the dead, as proof that love truly knows no bounds.

My Review:


I had never read a book written in verse before. I can tell you that it only took me about a half hour to forty minutes to read the whole thing and it completely engrossed my attention. The writing was beautiful and poetic and I can definitely say that I would love to read more books like this one.

I felt bad for Ava. You could tell that she was very broken and going into a deep depression. When Jackson had shown himself to her, I knew that this love had gone deeper than anyone had thought, especially Ava's parents. When the book had gotten right down to the nitty-gritty and I realized why Ava had blamed herself, it only made me even sadder for her and Jackson.

I was very happy with the ending of this book and it actually made me a little teary eyed! This book was written about a love so strong that even the after life was not going to keep them apart!

Highly recommended to everyone to read a book written in verse just once, you may be surprised and really enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment