Friday, September 16, 2011

Review: Heart of the Dragon


From Goodreads:
Searching for her missing brother, Grace Carlyle never dreamed she would discover a secret world populated by mythological monsters--or find herself facing a sword-wielding being whose looks put mortal men to shame.

But there he was, Darius en Kragin, one of a race of shape-shifting warriors bound to guard the gates of Atlantis, and kill all travelers who strayed within its borders.

Now Grace's life was in his hands, and Darius had to choose between his centuries-old vow and the woman who had slipped beneath his defenses and stolen the heart of Atlantis's fiercest dragon.

My Review:
Wow. I loved this book!

But first, let me tell you the short story of how I got it.
I was manning the book station for my church's annual yard sell (thought on a very large scale.) The books were 25 cents, or 4 for a buck.

I found many books (and will be posting reviews for these books later) and one of the ones I found was Heart of the Dragon. I was drawn in by the title (there was so many books, that I had very little room behind them, and only the spine was visible) and then I was further drawn in by the cover (it has been reprinted with a green cover with a man with a tattoo but this is the cover of the book that I have) and the blurb on the back.

So I started reading it then and there, of the 40 books that I bought that day.

And kept reading it. And reading it. Between going to Calgary and the mall and such (over 3 hours)
I finished it, and then I kept thinking about it. It was pretty much my first adult romance novel, but I loved it.
The plot was great, the characters were funny, and believable, and great, and I just loved the story.
Added bonus for this book, was that it introduced me to Gena Showalter's books, of which I now have almost all of them. You'll be reviews for them, too :)

I would recommend this book to anyone who reads paranormal romance!

No comments:

Post a Comment