Friday, September 16, 2011

Praying For Your Future Husband

I wouldn't call myself single, but I’m also not yet married. My fiance could still use a little prayer — know what I mean? Things can go wrong between now and then. I have control over some part of it, but there’s a person bigger than me holding on the reigns.
Praying for Your Future Husband: Preparing Your Heart for HisGrowing up in Korea, I attended a Christian school that always encouraged us to pray for our future partners (husbands/wives). The idea was that God had that special someone picked out for us and it was crucial for us to choose our company wisely. No matter how strong we were in our faith, a partner who didn’t believe in God, or chose a different path to God might lead us astray. What was missing then was… How exactly does one pray? What does one pray for in a future husband?

Tricia and Robin, close friends, share their stories, sample prayers, and specific requests (patience, trust, loyalty, and commitment – to name a few). Of course, more than anything, we should focus on our personal relationships with God and trust Him to bring us to the right person (or the right person to US). I believe this is a wonderful book for a book club or a church group and am not certain that teenagers would be interested in reading it. In my high school years, I read I Kissed Dating Goodbye and the concepts didn’t sink in because I didn’t have a mentor to chew through it with me.

It seems this book is saying, “Being single is totally OK.” Better to stay single than to seek out a bad relationship, right? Once that relationship with God is solid, we can lessen those false expectations we have with imperfect people (human beings), we can resist temptation, and we can have a much more fulfilling, rewarding life. That’s something to pray about!

Disclosure: Special thanks to the Litfuse gals (Amy and Christy) for sending me a free copy of this book to review. All opinions are my own and I was NOT obligated to provide favorable feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment