Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Chain Reaction by Simone Elkeles


Chain Reaction By Simone Elkeles

"Nobody really knows her
Except the chosen few
Her secrets are kept hidden
Behind that sun-kissed hue.

If I reach out to touch her
She’ll just run away
My Forever and Always
Will have to wait another day."



Goodreads Blurb:


Luis Fuentes has always been sheltered from the gang violence that nearly destroyed his brothers’ lives. But that didn’t stop him from taking risks—whether he’s scaling a mountain in the Rockies or dreaming of a future as an astronaut, Luis can’t stop looking for the next thrill.

Nikki Cruz lives her life by three rules—boys lie to get their way, don’t trust a boy who says “I love you,” and never date a boy from the south side of Fairfield. Her parents may be from Mexico, but as a doctor’s daughter, she has more in common with her north-side neighbors than the Latino Blood at her school. Then she meets Luis at Alex’s wedding, and suddenly, she’s tempted to break all her rules.

Getting Nikki to take a chance on a southsider is Luis’s biggest challenge, until he finds himself targeted by Chuy Soto, the new head of the Latino Blood. When Chuy reveals a disturbing secret about Luis’s family, the youngest Fuentes finds himself questioning everything he’s ever believed to be true. Will his feelings for Nikki be enough to stop Luis from entering a dark and violent world and permanently living on the edge?

My Review:


Okay so, it is not very often that a book comes out and I just HAVE to run out and buy it, but, I did have to run out and buy THIS book. Ever since I have read the first book in this series, Perfect Chemistry, I have been a HUGE fan of Simone Elkeles.

Aww, Luis Fuentes!!! I really enjoyed reading about Luis. He was a mix between both Alex and Carlos. The only difference is that while Alex and Carlos tended to be trouble makers, Luis was not, but, the trouble always seemed to find him. I cannot say that I was a huge fan of Nikki. She just kind of rubbed me the wrong way. I realize that she was hurt and had MAJOR trust issues, but even after she started messin with Luis, she still was having problems.

I really enjoyed a glimpse into the past characters lives and loved how we got to see pieces of their lives now and where their futures were headed!

I am sad to see this series come to a close with all the Fuentes boys grown up and moving on. I really enjoyed most of all, the epilogues at the end of the books.  Ms. Elkeles seems like the only author to give us such fantastic epilogues and sights into the future of these characters that we love! Thanks Simone for another great series!!!

Series Wrap-up:


Okay so, I just had to let all of you know that even though I enjoyed every book in this series, Perfect Chemistry, is still my favorite. I don't think any of them can top Alex & Brittany's story. It was just so intense that I was absolutely absorbed in it.
"You once said you loved me. Do you still?"
My sister is watching this exchange between us. She smiles warmly at me, giving me the strength to tell him the truth. "I never stopped loving you. Even when I tried desperately to forget you. I couldn't."



"I've been shakin' all night, because I knew it.I've tried to deny it, to make you think I wanted you as a fake girlfriend, but that was a lie."



"We deserve each other, Luis … and I need you just as much as you need me. Hold me.”
He steps closer, but hesitates.“If I do, mi chava, I can’t promise I’ll be able to let you go."

No comments:

Post a Comment