Monday, September 19, 2011

Bloodlines by Richelle Mead


 

"I'm fine, Sage," he muttered, blinking as though the light hurt. "Quite the high, though. Makes the stuff I've used seem pretty soft-core." He blinked, as though fighting to wake up. His pupils dilated to a more normal size and then seemed to focus on me. "Good God. Are you okay?"



Goodreads Blurb:

When alchemist Sydney is ordered into hiding to protect the life of Moroi princess Jill Dragomir, the last place she expects to be sent is a human private school in Palm Springs, California. But at their new school, the drama is only just beginning.

Populated with new faces as well as familiar ones, Bloodlines explores all the friendship, romance, battles and betrayals that made the #1 New York Times bestselling Vampire Academy series so addictive - this time in a part-vampire, part-human setting where the stakes are even higher and everyone's out for blood.

My Review:


Okay, I know that this is a definite must read and long-awaited book of the summer. I was lucky enough to get an ARC from the publisher. Thank you Penguin and Razorbill! Anyway, when it arrived, I was ecstatic and could not wait to dive right in!

You will all be happy to know that we do run into several different characters from the VA series. Of course, Sydney, Adrian and Jill  play a major role in the book, but within the first few chapters, we get a small taste of Rose. You will even be happy with the choice of Jill's guardian and love the new characters that will come into play.

Basically the group is in hiding and of course, several other scenarios come into play while they are. Sydney is trying to keep everyone in check and sort through her feelings on the vampires at the same time. All the while she has the threat of her father looming over her head after helping Rose escape in the VA books and getting into MAJOR trouble for it!

I am sure that all of you will be happy to where the story leads to and you also will be thoroughly engrossed! I read the book in a day and a half. I could not put it down and had to find out how it all ends!

The ending had left my heart pounding with the incoming of one very important character. I cannot tell you who, but you will all love it! Now, I am patiently waiting for the next book, The Golden Lily, due out in May 2012.

If you are interested, HERE is an interview with Ms. Mead as she talks a little about Bloodlines.

Purchase a copy: Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment