Monday, August 15, 2011

App

Technology is so amazing. I grew up reading Dr. Seuss and Berenstain Bears books and never did I imagine that I would one day have and use a little device to view these books with my daughter. Ohmbooks are apps that can be read on the iPad, iPhone, or the iPod Touch (I used my iPod). You can choose to automatically play the book or “flip” through the pages yourself. Using the “Read to Me” feature, each word is highlighted as the story is read, which helps with sight word recognition.




To view more apps that are available, be sure to visit the Oceanhouse Media website. (Tip: You’ll find Little Critter, Smithsonian, Enchanted Tales and more!)


The bonus of books like these? They don’t take up precious physical space, they save trees, and it has transformed the reading experience. If you like keeping up with the latest technological advances, these apps ($3.99 and up) are SWEET!


Disclosure: I was provided an opportunity to review the above apps for FREE. I was not obligated to provide favorable feedback.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment